Cont. Explorations

WHY A DJ?

What makes a good DJ? I've wondered this myself. I never thought of a DJ as a composer until I heard of a man named Calvin Harris. He is a famous DJ who worked with Ellie Goulding on a song that I enjoyed hearing.  It's called "I need your Love," its melody blends ornaments of music to the rhythm, so they flow well together.


 How do you become a DJ? Though it is common to have a bachelor degree, one does not need a degree in college or postsecondary school to become a DJ. Becoming a DJ like Calvin Harris a person would need drive, he worked in a store before he became a famous and sought-after DJ. To become a radio DJ however, a person will have to major in communications or journalism. They would also have to do on-the-job training.  Equipment from turntables to soundboards.

One of my favorite DJ's is Alan Walker. The first time I heard his song "Faded" was on America's Got Talent, and I fell in love with the beat and how it builds. Alan Olav Walker, who is a British-Norwegian DJ, was born in 1997. He was listed as the Youngest Music Producer on the DJ Magazine's Top 100 list of 2016.
He started his career by watching Youtube videos at a young age. After he created the song "Faded" in 2015, he was signed by MER Musikk under Sony Music Sweden.

I find that I enjoy listening to music by a DJ. Most people wonder why DJ's are given credit in music that they don't sing in, well not many know that they helped create either the beats/ tempo or the song itself. I find that I like works that build and give me the sense of calmness also. The rhythm of the music is what affects whether I like it or not. Often times I hear music that is too fast for my liking and I can't enjoy listening to it. However, if it has fast beats but a slow building tempo, it's almost exciting to build with it.


Music2012-02-20T12:46:00.5ZTech, Future. “Interview: Calvin Harris on software, hardware and hit-Making.” MusicRadar, MusicRadar The No.1 website for musicians, 20 Feb. 2012, www.musicradar.com/news/tech/interview-calvin-harris-on-software-hardware-and-hit-making-530744. Interview with Calvin Harris

“Alan Walker Biography - Affair, Ethnicity, Nationality, Net Worth, Height.” Married Biography, 8 Mar. 2017, marriedbiography.com/alan-walker-biography/.

Comments

Popular Posts